by Doc – Owner, Founder, Man Who Buys More Powersaves Than a Normal Person
We have a guide on Codejunkies’ amiibo products here.
You wouldn’t think this needs a guide, but… it does. Powersaves for Amiibo are sold by Codejunkies, which is a UK-based company, and they don’t always have stock on Amazon. There’s a couple things to keep in mind when you’re buying Powersaves for Amiibo, and then I’ll walk you through the process.
- Powersaves for Amiibo cost $25 on Amazon right now, but you can usually find them at brick-and-mortar Gamestop locations for $20. Check your Gamestops first – they probably haven’t sold them, because outside of competitive amiibo there’s almost no demand for them. Don’t bother checking the Gamestop website – their inventory system doesn’t work well.
- Powersaves for Amiibo take a while to ship when you buy it from Codejunkies, because they ship from the UK. The shipping is also expensive.
- There are no alternatives to Powersaves for Amiibo. Any “third-party” devices are scams, and don’t work. The only other option is an N2 Elite, which are way more expensive.
- Check Amazon first. This is an Amazon Affiliate link (that benefits Amiibo Doctor, thank you very much) for the Powersaves for Amiibo. It’s cheapest to buy from Gamestop, and almost as cheap to buy from Amazon*.
*depending on how recently they’ve been restocked.
Alright, in order to buy a Powersaves for Amiibo, you’ll need two things:
- A PayPal account with enough money to buy £20 and shipping costs, plus the conversion fees for PayPal.
Go to https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/PowerSaves-for-Amiibo__EF001200.aspx. Specifically this page – don’t worry about the Powertags, as those don’t change how your Powersaves work.
Add the Powersaves to Cart, and then on the next page, click Checkout. You’ll punch in your shipping information as normal, and then you’ll have to access your PayPal account. This is where things get tricky.
Make sure you can afford it in your own currency, because the shipping is killer. PayPal is where a lot of people have difficulty buying from Codejunkies – they don’t know about the shipping costs and the transfer fees. Take your time, add up the numbers, and be sure you’re only buying one at a time, that it’s going to the right address, etc. This is an international transaction, so any mistakes are going to be expensive.
Once you’re done, click past the “Make an account” prompts”, and then you’re done!
I heard powersaves breaks after 100 times of use. Can you confirm this?
I’ve had mine for five years, it’s working fine. The only difficulty I’ve ever had was the cord, which is easily replaceable