by Doc – Owner, Founder, Holy Cow Amiibo Training is Fun
Incineroar, until further notice. In amiibo vs. amiibo combat, Incineroar’s Alolan Whip simply can’t be avoided by the amiibo opponent without rare circumstances (like a stage element getting in the way), and the amiibo only needs three hits to connect to net a KO with most Spirits loadouts.
Here’s the top 10 amiibo in Smash Ultimate, according to the official amiibo tier list. While the order of these rankings will change to a degree, this is basically the 10 best amiibo in Smash Ultimate until new amiibo come along.
- Incineroar (U tier – universally banned from every tournament regardless of ruleset)
- Bowser (S tier – typically banned)
- King K. Rool (A+ or S tier – typically banned)
- Terry (A+ or S tier – occasionally banned)
- Mii Gunner (A+ tier)
- King Dedede (A+ tier)
- Ridley (A+ tier)
- Ness (A+ or A tier – sometimes banned from Youtuber amiibo tournaments to avoid repetitive content)
- Link (A tier)
- Byleth (A tier)
If you’re interested in Raid Boss amiibo, that’s a different subject – read this guide to understand how to make the best Raid Boss amiibo out there.